microCMA Compact Auger Analyser
The microCMA is a non-scanning (imaging) cylindrical mirror analyzer designed for the many applications for AES that do not require scanning (imaging) capability.
Those applications include analysis of:
- Thin film composition
- Passive oxide thicknesses in semiconductors and metals
- Metal component thermal oxides
- Integrated circuit contamination
- Characterization of sputtered layers
- Auger depth profiles of deposited layers
- Quantization of light element surface films
Simple to operate and easy to maintain, the microCMA provides a complete quantitative surface sensitive elemental Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES) analyzer package that mounts on a 2.75”/ 70 mm CF flange.
The USB interface and Windows acquisition and data massage software make it as simple to acquire AES data as it is to operate an RGA. The microCMA is Plug and Play Auger Spectroscopy made simple.
- Compact: Fits on a 2.75" / 70 mm CF flange (min. 1.52" / 38.6 mm I.D. tube).
It is now possible to build an AES system with just a T and a small ion pump!
- Proven Design: The second order focusing of the Cylindrical Mirror Analyzer provides both good transmission and resolution.
- Easy to Use: With a USB interface and open architecture, the control and data- massage software interface is as simple to use as an RGA – point and click.
- Powerful: Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES) is a powerful surface sensitive technique that provides you with quantitative information on the first few monolayers of your sample.