Ion Gun for Depth Profiling IS40E1
It is particularly suitable for depth profiling in XPS, ISS and SIMS. The ion gun can be also used for sample surface cleaning.
Ion Gun Power SupplyThe IS40-PS power supply drives the IS40E1 ion gun whose primary use is for depth profiling in AES/XPS and SIMS applications.
The IS40-PS power supply allows fine adjustment of the primary beam energy and ion density and of beam profile via adjustment of extractor, focus lens, deflection and positioning elements. The current status of each parameter is displayed on the large front panel LCD display. All settings can be stored and recalled automatically after unit switch on, or else manually adjusted. The unit also features a built in timer and automatic standby mode.
- Specially configured nose cone
- Operation with inert (Ar) & reactive gases (O2, H2, hydrocarbons with reduced lifetime)
- Continuously variable spot size
- Extremely homogeneous crater/beam profile
- Field replaceable filament
- UHV gas inlet
- UHV conditions maintained in chamber
- Integrated scan and deflection unit
- Wien mass filter
- Gas dosing system
- Linear shift: 25, 50, 75, 100 mm
- Differential pumping (2 stages)
|Beam energy (E)||0 keV - 5 keV, resolution 0.01 keV, ripple < 0.2 Vpp|
|Emission current (Ie)||0.01 mA - 10 mA, resolution 0.01 mA|
|Focus (1,2) voltage||0 - 5000 V, resolution 1 V, ripple < 0.2 Vpp|
|Extractor voltage (Ex)||60 - 100% of energy, resolution 0.1%, ripple < 0.2 Vpp|
|Beam position (Px, Py)||-5 mm to 5 mm, resolution 0.01 mm|
|Scanning area (Δx, Δy)||10 mm x 10 mm, resolution 0.01 mm|
|Scanning speed (time/dot)||20 μs - 30 ms|
|Weight (approx.)||12 kg|