Pulsed DC Magnetron Power Supply PPS20
The PPS20 is a versatile dual source power supply combining DC and PulseDC operating modes available for R&D coating & cleaning applications. It can control up to two sources which may be any combination of compact magnetron sputter heads or glow discharge heads. Sputter sources can even be positioned in separate chambers.The PPS20 is only 2U height and also features a vacuum gauge interlock. It can be used as a standalone table-top device or rack-mounted.
Remote control is possible via RS232, RS485 or LAN/Ethernet interface and a remote mobile application are currently under development. This unique future allows the user to observe the plasma whilst adjusting the source parameters with a handheld mobile device.
Low-Ripple Noise Technology, the elimination of high-voltage transistor switching using resonant converter technology and current-diversion circuits, results in superior reliability as well as excellent process performance in the form of high output-voltage consistency.
Arc Detection and Suppression are guaranteed by a fast response loop in less than 2 us.
- Coating for moulds and tools
- Semiconductor wafer sputtering
- Oxide TFT LCD & Colour filter
- TFT LCD
- OLED LTPS sputter metal & TCO deposition
- Thin film for solar cells
- ITO deposition for touch panels
- BIPV, data storage, FCCL
- Automotive wheels and head lamps
- Ion nitriding
- Mobile phone cases
Stability and control
The extremely stable output allows for operating the sources even at powers less than 2W, which makes this device unique in its own class and in comparison to competitor offerings. It is ideal for low rate, precision coating applications.
- DC or PulseDC operating mode in one unit
- Two HV outputs for dual magnetron operation –
- selectable operation; no external switch box needed
- Suppression & arc detection
- Selectable voltage
- Current & power regulation mode
- Clear output power LED indicator
- Timer mode operation
- Stable operation from 2W only
- Large impedance range – different size magnetron operation
- Ideal for 2“,3“ and higher magnetron operation
- User friendly interface with LCD display with keyboard and rotary encoder operation
- Easy to install with compact design and high-power density
- Self-diagnosis functions (protection, limit)
- Overtemperature protection
- Shortcut and overvoltage protection