1-4 axes PLD Manipulators
The 1-4 axes motorised PLD target manipulator is a high precision revolver mechanism with capacity up to 6 target holders.
The target manipulator has two axes of rotation - R1 and R2: by changing the position of R1, different targets are selected. The R2 axis has a continuous rotation around its own axis. The manipulator has an additional hole/position (between two targets) to accommodate a laser power meter. The XY motion module allows scanning of the target via a laser beam. One axis is motorised - for scanning, second is manual - for adjusting. The additional Z-axis is used to set up a transfer position for target transferring via Load Lock Chamber. The Z movement can be motorised or manual. A computer controls the target rotation and radial scanning over the complete target diameter (fixed laser beam) for making multi-layer deposition with maximum target usage.
The 1-4 axes motorised PLD target manipulator is designed for pulsed laser deposition applications under ultra-high vacuum conditions. The manipulator can work in a vertical or horizontal orientation, depends on PLD process geometry.
Manipulator for PLD applications:
- Two manipulators: for substrate and target
- Substrate holders: plate style, PTS, flag style
- Base pressure: 10-10 mbar
- Possibility of fixing targets with irregular shapes
- Target sizes: 1 ", 2", standard target thickness: 0.5 - 10 mm
- Continuous, individual rotation of targets
- Select and sequence change of targets
- Shield against mutual pollution of targets
- Radial scan, automatic control
- Target is mounted coaxially (relative to the substrate) and positioned so as to eliminate the likelihood of droplets, clusters settling on the substrate and the effects of possible target peeling
- Target holders are transferable to the load-lock chamber (or storage) for quick replacement
- Water cooling system.