Research Unit Digital Instrument RUDI-EA2
RUDI-EA2 is a novel, modular high voltage power supply for photoemission and other demanding research applications. The electronics features fully calibrated, independently operating modules utilising the very latest electronics and software technology.
Voltage supplies are controlled by high precision 16-bit digital-to-analog converters with high linearity and extremely high temperature stability. Automatic low and high voltage range settings, as well as output polarity, are under full user control.
The combined high specifiation and system flexibility makes RUDI-EA2 the obvious choice for many analysis applications, where stable, high voltage supplies are required and can also be readily configured by the end user.
Each RUDI-EA2 unit is supplied with a comprehensive serial communication protocol description which can be easily implemented for individual control needs, thus removing the reliance on specific, often prohibitive supplier software.
As the demand for smarter, connected technologies increases, PREVAC provides the best in class electronic solutions. The electronic mainboard of the RUDI-EA2 system is a showcase for the best in active digital and analog electronic components currently on the market.
- Special techniques have been used to achieve rapid temperature stabilization. The system is ready for use after only 3 minutes from switch on.
- Each independent voltage module achieves temperature stability below 0.5 ppm of the voltage span per degree Celsius.
- Using 16bit AD converters, the 6 kV power supplies can be set with a resolution of just 1,6 mV and with a maximum noise level of only 200 µVp-p.
- Each modules can be controlled independently via EIA 485 2 wire interface.
- Each module has a floating output which means a wide range of configurations are possible making the unit truly universal - serial configuration is unlimited.
- Any other voltages up to 6000 V available on request
- High linearity controlled with an accuracy of 16 bits
- Up to 28 modules fit into 9U rack
- Voltage deviation calculated with two-point calibration at min and max voltage
- Maximum non-linearity over the range of 100 V is ~0,2 mV