Research Unit Digital Instrument RUDI-8M
RUDI-8M is a modular, compact high voltage power supply for photoemission and other demanding research applications.
The electronics features fully calibrated, independently operating modules utilising the very latest electronics and software technology. Voltage supplies are controlled by high precision 16-bit digital-to-analog converters with high linearity and very high temperature stability. Automatic low and high voltage range settings, as well as output polarity, are under full user control.
The combined high specifiation and system flexibility makes RUDI-8M the obvious choice for many analysis applications, where stable, high voltage supplies are required and can also be readily configured by the end user.
The device is supplied with a comprehensive serial communication protocol description, which can be easily implemented for individual control needs (thus removing the reliance on specific, often prohibitive supplier software).
- Special techniques have been used to achieve rapid temperature stabilization. [The system can be ready for use after only 3 minutes from powering on.]
- Each independent voltage module achieves temperature stability below 0.5 ppm of the voltage span per degree Celcius.
- Using 16bit AD converters, the 6 kV power supplies can be set with a resolution < 100 mV.
- Each modules can be controlled independently via MODBUS-TCP 460 Kbit/s wire interface.
- Each module has a floating output which means a wide range of configurations are possible making the unit truly universal (serial configuration).
- Any other voltages up to 6 kV available on request
- High linearity controlled with an accuracy of 16 bits
- Up to 8 modules fit into 3U rack
- Voltage deviation calculated with ten-point calibration at min and max voltage